Jean Goodwin Messinger
Author Jean Messinger was born and raised in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, graduated from Lawrence College in Appleton, Wisconsin, and has lived in Colorado since 1952. Colorado Springs was home to Jean and her husband for nearly forty years. After teaching school for several years, at age fifty, she earned a master’s degree in art and architectural history from Denver University.
She considers herself doubly blessed to live in Colorado near her large extended family, which includes seven grandchildren.
Her Other Works
- Pride, Politics, and Style: History of the 1903 El Paso County Courthouse
- A Closer Look at Beaver Dam
- Faith in High Places: Historic Country Churches of Colorado (co-author)
- Where Thy Glory Dwells: Historic Churches of Colorado Springs (co-author)
- Hannah: From Dachau to the Olympics and Beyond
- In the Best of Families
- Same War Different Battlefields
- With Love from Grandma Jean
- Brody’s List